For the August 2014 Intake, we have more than S$1 million worth of scholarships and awards for deserving candidates, for all our MBA programmes. Kindly refer to the details under each of the scholarships & awards for the means of application and scope of coverage.
The NUS MBA Study Awards
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates.
- Dean's Award: S$58,000
- Director's Award: S$38,000
- Excellence Award: S$18,000
- Achiever Award: S$8,000
All full-time MBA applicants who have accepted the admissions offer will be automatically considered for these awards. The award amount will offset the tuition fees over two semesters.
The NUS MBA Local Scholarship
The NUS MBA Local Scholarship will be awarded to deserving candidates (Full-time and Part-time MBA) who are Singapore citizens. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Scholarships range from 14%-100% of the tuition fees.
Eligible MBA applicants who have accepted the admissions offer will be automatically considered for these awards. The award amount will offset the tuition fees over two semesters for full-time and four semesters for part-time studies.
The NUS MBA ASEAN Scholarship
The NUS MBA ASEAN Scholarship will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates who are citizens of ASEAN member countries (except Singapore) who showcase well-rounded and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process, overall leadership potential and financial need of the candidates. Scholarships range from 65%-90% of the tuition fees.
Eligible full time MBA applicants who have accepted the admissions offer will be automatically considered for these awards. The award amount will offset the tuition fees over two semesters.
The NUS MBA Women-In-Business Scholarship
The NUS MBA Women-In-Business Scholarship aims at supporting women in their MBA studies so that they can achieve business and professional success in future. Female candidates who have a strong bachelor degree/ GMAT score and demonstrated strong leadership or made a positive impact in a local or global community or organization can apply for this scholarship. The quantum of these scholarships is S$18,000 each.
Candidates will be invited by email to apply for this scholarship after they have received an admissions offer. To be considered, all application documents and requirements must be submitted by 31 March 2014.
The NUS MBA Diversity Scholarship
This scholarship seeks to identify and attract deserving candidates from Latin America, Central Asia and Africa to contribute to the diversity of the NUS MBA student cohort. Scholarships range from 30% to 65% of the tuition fees.
Candidates will be invited by email to apply for this scholarship after they have received an admissions offer.
NUS - APEC Scholarship
Funded by the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE), this scholarship is awarded annually to deserving candidates from APEC member economies who are admitted to the full-time MBA programme.
- Applicants from the 20 APEC economies, excluding Singapore
- Admitted to full-time NUS MBA
- Overall qualifications of the candidate
- Candidates who have not previously studied abroad
- Preference will be given to Government officials
The NUS-APEC Scholarship provides:
- Monthly stipend of S$1,300
- Tuition, health insurance, and other approved fees, allowances and expenses
- One time book allowance of S$500
- One time settling in allowance of S$500Cost of travel from home country to Singapore
- Cost of student exchange participation, up to S$6,000
- Cost of return travel from Singapore to home country on graduation
Applicants who accepted the admissions offer will be automatically considered.
Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship
The ADB-Japan Scholarship programme is awarded annually by the Government of Japan to outstanding full-time NUS MBA candidates who are citizens of borrowing member countries of the ADB.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) - Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's developing member countries* to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
The ADB-JSP enrolls about 300 students annually in participating academic institutions located in 10 countries within the region. The ADB-JSP provides full scholarships for one to two years.
Eligibility requirements for ADB-JSP:
- A national of an ADB borrowing member (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Lien Foundation Scholarship for Social Service Leaders
The Lien Foundation Scholarship for Social Service Leaders is a prestigious postgraduate scholarship open to outstanding staff from voluntary welfare organisations (VWOs) and members of the public.Scholars can pursue either the full-time or part-time NUS MBA.
Value of Scholarship
The award includes tuition fees, maintenance allowance, book allowance, and any other compulsory fees.
- Applicants who are staff of VWOs:
- Outstanding track record in social services
- Minimum three years of service in a VWO
- Strong recommendation from Executive Director and/or Chairman/President of the governing Board
For Applicants who are members of the public
- Possess relevant work experience (e.g. in management) with strong determination to work in the sector
- Good voluntary track record in social or community services
Common eligibility criteria for all applicants:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Good academic results – Good Honours Degree and GCE 'A' Level results
- Strong track record of leadership and initiation of innovative/major projects
- Strong commitment to the social service sector
Conditions of Scholarship
- Applicants (including public applicants) must be prepared to fulfil their bond duration in VWOs and other social service agencies upon completion of their studies, as deem fit by NCSS
- The bond duration depends on the nature and value of the scholarship.
Please read and follow the instructions for applicants. All Lien Foundation Scholarship applications must be made via the prescribed application form, and submitted together with certified true copies of supporting documents and certificates.
Please indicate Lien Foundation Scholarship for Social Service Leaders at the top left hand corner of the envelope and mail to:
Ms Pamela Biswas
Lien Foundation Scholarship for Social Service Leaders
National Council of Social Service
170 Ghim Moh Road
#01-02 Singapore 279621
Application closing date: To Be Advised
Applicants must seek admission to their programme of studies before submitting the scholarship application.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Name of contact person: Miss Pamela Biswas, Senior Executive
Manpower Schemes Department
Sector Manpower and Corporate Planning Division
Tel: +65 6589 5500
Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship
The Lee Kuan Yew (LKY) Scholarship is synonymous with both prestige and the willingness to serve Singapore.It marks Singapore's continuous effort to recognise outstanding individuals with the aptitude and inclination to contribute to our society. With generous contributions from the public, the LKY Scholarship Fund was set up in 1991 in honour of Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew. The Scholarship is only open to Singapore citizens.
Singaporeans who meet the following criteria:
- Excellent track record of leadership and service, within or beyond their profession; and
- Outstanding academic achievements, including at least a Second Class Upper Honours or equivalent Degree.
- Candidates who do not meet this academic requirement but have strong compensating factors will also be considered.
Terms and Conditions:
- Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship recipients can pursue either a Masters or PhD programme at a local or overseas university. There is no restriction on the course of study.
- This scholarship does not carry any bond.
- Scholarship recipients will receive a one-off sum of S$10,000, and an annual allowance of: S$50,000 for private sector awardees; or S$10,000 for public sector awardees, if they are concurrently sponsored by their organisations.
Method of Application
- Application for the 2014 Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship will commence in November 2013.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to sit for psychometric tests in January or February. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by March and interviews will be held in April.
Name of Contact Person: Mr Chia Yong Wei, Terence
Tel: +65 9229 4369
Fax: +65 6332 4184
Spring Singapore - Capability Development Grant (CDG) for SMEs
The Capability Development Grant (CDG) is a financial assistance programme aimed at helping Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) defray up to 70% of qualifying project costs*, relating to consultancy, manpower, training, certification, upgrading productivity and developing business capabilities for process improvement, product development and market access.
The grant supports a wide range of capability upgrading initiatives that enable SMEs to successfully compete and grow their businesses locally and globally. There are 10 supportable areas tailored to meet an SME's current needs and stages of development. They range from raising service standards, adopting technology innovation, grooming business leaders to growing a global brand.
*SPRING's enhanced funding support of up to 70% would be effective for three years until 31 March 2015.
Eligible SMEs may apply for co-funding assistance under the Capability Development Grant (Supportable Area: Human Capital Development) with SPRING Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.spring.gov.sg/cdg or download copy of the CDG brochure.
Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarship for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
The Tan Kah Kee Foundation has been awarding the Postgraduate Scholarship since 1983. The scholarship is open to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.Candidates are appraised based on their academic achievements,outstanding personal character and bilingual capabilities. The scholarship is awarded annually and is bond-free.
Application period: To be advised
Tan Kah Kee Foundation Secretariat Level 1,
43 Bukit Pasoh Road, Singapore 089856
Tel: +65 6222 6620
THE NUS Alumni Loyalty Grant
The one-time grant of S$5,000 is awarded to deserving NUS alumni who have completed their Bachelor's or other Postgraduate degrees with NUS. Applicants need to apply to the NUS MBA Programme and subsequently be offered admission to the programme before they are considered for the grant review. This grant is fully disbursed during Year 1,Semester 1 and will be reflected in the student bill. The grant will only serve to offset the tuition fee and cannot be used to offset the acceptance fees, mandatory miscellaneous fees (MMF) or any other expenses arising from the course of study.
NUS Staff Concession
All full-time staff of NUS, NUS High School and National University Health System, with a minimum of 12 months continuous employment at the time of application will be eligible to apply for the NUS Staff Concession, which is a 20% concession off the total part-time NUS MBA tuition fee. The concession will be given in the form of a direct deduction against the applicable tuition fee in the student's bill. The applicant's supervisor will be required to support his/her application by way of a referee's report.
"La Caixa" Casa Asia Scholarship Programme (For Spanish nationals)
Applicants who are Spanish nationals may be eligible to apply for this scholarship sponsored by the Caja de Ahorros y Pensiones de Barcelona (LaCaixa) Foundation and Casa Asia. This is for higher studies in the Asia-Pacific region, especially Australia, China, India, Japan, Singapore and South Korea.
It covers the full tuition fee and also offers air tickets and a monthly allowance.
For further details, please visit here.
Talentia Fellowship Programme (For EU citizens with a connection to Andalusia)
The Talentia Fellowship Programme by the Ministry of Economy, Innovation and Science in Andalusia, Spain is for EU citizens who have a connection with Andalusia by birth, residence, work, university or blood. NUS is one of the appointed universities under this programme
It covers the full tuition fees, living allowance and air tickets, and also offers assistance in joining the Andalusia job market upon programme completion.
For further details, please visit here.
Lam See Chiew Memorial Scholarship in Social Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy
The Lam See Chiew Memorial Scholarship in Social Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy is open for consideration to all admitted candidates of the NUS MBA programme (full time or part time) and the Double Degree MBA Programmes. Candidates are appraised based on demonstrated active interest in social entrepreneurship, philanthrophy or non-profit sectors, or has worked for/ volunteered consistently in such social purpose organisations for at least 5 years. Other eligibility requirements include:
- Demonstrate the need to improve knowledge of market-oriented practices so he/she can be more effective in subsequent social change pursuits.
- Demonstrated evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with social entrepreneurship, philanthropy and/or non-profit leadership, and illustrate how these have influenced their career paths.
- Candidate has to commit active participation in the Asia Centre for Social Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy (ACSEP) in the following capacities:
- Social entrepreneurship mentorship programme – while being mentored, one is also expected to mentor in turn the undergraduate students
- Social media, events and other capacity building activities
- Interfacing with the student and alumni network; assisting ACSEP in growing the network
- If attending an ACSEP sponsored event/activity, to produce a written opinion piece
- Maintaining good academic results, i.e., a minimum Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of 3.5
- The successful candidate would be expected to remain fully engaged with the social entrepreneurship, philanthropy or non-profit sector post-graduation.
- The scholarship is valued at S$6,000 and is tenable only for the Academic Year in which it is awarded
All applicable full-time/part time MBA candidates who have accepted the admission offer will be invited to submit their applications for the award. Candidates of the NUS Double Degree MBA programmes will only be able to utilise the award towards the NUS MBA tuition.